Beginning of the Year


It is hard to believe that summer is just about over! I will be heading into the classroom tomorrow to begin getting some things set-up. I am extremely anxious this year as I am expecting in October and I want to make sure that everything is super organized and ready for when my sub comes! Wish me luck! From seeing all the other fun blogs going on I created my own ABC boxes as Kathryn did at kindergarten, kindergarten blog did. I found some small things from my barbie stuff that is still sitting in the basement. I will be using this during centers. Many of my students are in my classroom because of speech and language reasons so I will be discussing the objects with them and providing them with magnifying glasses to investigate the objects more closely.
I also created a couple of Halloween activities since I will be on maternity leave at that point. I created a "counting" bat. Students will draw a number and put that many clothespins on the bat. Originally the idea was for addition but I made it a little more simple. Also, I created a Miss Spider matching shapes. My students always need lots of practice on shape identification and matching, especially at the beginning of the year!
Counting Bat
Miss Spider Matching Shapes




No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top