Corn Syrup Ice Skating

Our OT is awesome and she came up with this fun activity to help students' fine motor development. You get some blue construction paper and draw a pond shape. I strongly recommend covering the table really well because this can be messy! You pour some corn syrup on to the construction paper and kids use their middle finger and index finger to skate through the corn syrup and spread it around the pond. Once they have covered the pond the students can add some glitter and we have a picture of skaters that they also add. It is fun for the kids and also helps to strengthen their fingers. It may take a day or two to dry.
I also made some counting awards that I am going to give to each of the students after I assess them.
Counting Awards

No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.