Summer Goals

This past school year I came to the realization that a lot of the materials in my classroom were no longer age appropriate for the types of students that I had coming in. At the beginning of the year my little ones didn't know how to play with the barn and farm animals or how to put a Mr. Potato Head together. They did not know how to sit or listen to a simple story. So my MAJOR goal for next year is to create as many things this summer that will be developmentally appropriate for my little ones coming in younger (2.6 years old) and with much less experience. Sadly, I will probably being seeing my son this coming school year surpass some of the kids that are going on their second year of being in my room. Anyways, in pursuit of creating more activities that are developmentally appropriate and because we have a much more limited budget this school year I have been searching in my parents basement and through my own odds and ends to create things. Also, Pinterest has been a HUGE help too with lots of great ideas. So here are a few things I have come up with during Ethan's naps. Color Sensory Bottles. I also made a corresponding worksheet that the kids can bingo stamp as they find the items.
Happy Birthday Balloon Pencils
Turkey Clothespin Game- the kids roll the color and have to put that color clothespin on the turkey. I just used 5 colors: blue, red, yellow, orange, and green for the feathers.

No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top