Names, Names, Names

Well, I got my tentative class list on Friday so today I spent Ethan's nap writing up my students names. Before snack everyday the students have to find their names and then they can go wash their hands for snack. I like to keep things changing so that they really are learning their names and not just memorizing the paper or the way something looks on the nametag.


The file is labelled am and pm.

3rd year student label

assessment papers in the file

iep data is all kept together

new student bags since I have quite a few openings this school year!

backpack nametags

I have a big apple tree that I will be placing the students' names on and they will find their name before snack.

locker tags


Marshmallow names. I have a fire that I put all the marshmallows around the students find their name. We use a magnetic wand as the "stick". A paperclip is on each marshmallow to make it magnetic.
When the students come in we see who is here and who is not. When their picture is shown they have to tell us their full name, address, birthday, age and phone number.
Before snack the kids love doing the "Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar" song. When shown their name they sing the song and then get to go wash their hands. I finally have posted this poem. I have been meaning to do it for sometime and keep forgetting. I finally feel somewhat together for the beginning of the school.


No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.