Pete the Cat


This week has felt so long and it is only Tuesday. Monday we finished paperwork and today I had 11 IEPs to place students for next year. I also called all of my parents and let them know about open house and did some more laminating. This evening my husband and I made a Pete the Cat
yellow shirt to use when reading Pete the Cat and his Four Groovy Buttons. It was super easy to make. We used yellow felt (2 pieces), buttons and velcro. Matt made the shirt template for me and we tried it out with paper first then. We copied the pattern on to the yellow felt and cut each piece individually. Then, I sewed (I am terrible at sewing!) the pieces together and I flipped it inside out so you wouldn't have to see the sharpie marks. We then cut the shirt up the middle. I added velcro to the back of the four buttons and then attached them. I also added a velcro button for his belly button. It turned out really well! Hopefully my kids love it too!

Photobucket

5 comments

  1. Oh, please tell me you would be willing to share your pattern. I've been looking in vain for something just like this to make for the Pete who lives with my granddaughter.
    Kathyleppich@gmail.com
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern is at school. I will get it this week. :)
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! This is great news! I appreciate it so much.
    KL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you still have this pattern? We have gotten our soon to be 4 year the 14.5 plush Pete the cat for her birthday on the 6th. I thought it would be great to make him the groovy button shirt for when we read the book. Thanks! Daisy Chaplin

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top