Apples and some of this and that

Teaching My 3

This past week we focused on apples, the color red, and the shape square. With my afternoon class we also began learning the alphabet with letter Aa.
We made Bingo Stamp Apple Cores, which the kids loved. The original link is :Bingo Stamp Apple Core




Last week we made a mouse from Mouse Shapes.

We also made torn paper apples.
 We used colored stickers to cover numbers 1-4.
 We made Johnny Appleseed hats.


 We painted squares.



 We also made squares using popsicle sticks and tearing pieces of paper.


This past week I somehow found the time to create a few things for my little ones. This idea was from PediaStaff. I got the bucket from the dollar tree during the summer and the toys are all McDonald's toys. All you need to do is add velcro!



 Next week we will begin talking about fall and this is the sensory bin for next week. The kids loved the school one and I hope they enjoy this one just as much!


Something else that I made this week...
Maybe some of you can provide me with some suggestions on how to organize the boardmaker pics. Some of my students need them and others don't and the students that do need different pictures, but at the same time. All my pictures are getting mixed up and misplaced. So if you have an effective way of storing them for instant use and the pictures can be changed pretty quickly I would appreciate some suggestions! This is something our Autism consultant suggested and I am going to try this coming week. My student has some behaviors that he does consistently throughout the day. He runs away from circle time or anytime he has to sit on his dot at circle and he likes to hit me or other students occassionally. Since it is primarily four behaviors and I am trying to focus on using positive words and not negative ones this is what I deviced. I used a manilla folder and cut the front into four sections. Then using blue goop stuff I put the picture there so I can pull it off and show John when needed. I am going to keep the folder on the board with a magnet because that is when I primarily need these.




Something else I added that may come in handy is first, then. John needs step by steps and the pictures for that can be found on the schedule, but this breaks that down even more simply. So I am going to use this as well and it just on the back of the manilla folder.


Any suggestions of how to organize the pics are welcomed though because as three of my students each need a different picture around the same time I end up throwing the pic or placing it somewhere and I am frantically looking for it! Help!


3 comments

  1. I use a pocket chart to organize our PECs. I'm pretty sure it's a calendar pocket chart. We have the organized alphabetically so it's easy to find what we're looking for. I will try to take a picture and post it to my blog next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great idea! I can't wait to see the picture! I will definitely have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally posted a pic: http://thepuzzlingworldofautism.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-our-stations-work.html

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.