Five for Friday

Since starting classes I again have very limited time and I am so thankful for the Five for Friday because it is a great way to quickly recap my week. So here are a few things we did. You can link up at Doodle Bugs Teaching


1.) One of my kid's parents from a couple of years ago is a firefighter and came in to show the kids how she puts on her equipment. She talked about what she does and had the kids sort toys vs. tools. They all seemed t enjoy it!

 
2. )The afternoon class used shaving cream and the morning class used cotton.
 
3.) We read The Mitten by Jan Brett two times and then the morning class colored, cut out the animals, and pasted them onto the mitten. The afternoon class laced a mitten for the animals to go inside. I will try to get a picture of that this week.
 
4.) We also played Snowflake Catch. The students rolled the die and then counted the dots and stamped the number. With the morning class I had the students pick a card with the numeral 1-6 on it and they had to match the actual numerals. This was quite a challenge for many of them, but it was good practice.
 
5.) I also have been working on decluttering my room and started with the top of the file cabinet. I took the papers all home and am in the process of sorting them and then put a to copy bin and to laminate bin. The globe I have moved to a different location so it wasn't taking up so much space. It makes me feel better not just having a whole pile of stuff there. :) Have a great weekend!

 
 

Photobucket

7 comments

  1. A firefighter?! How fun. I am sure your kiddos loved it :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Catch a Snowflake activity. Where did you get it? My struggling kiddos would love this.

    Erin
    www.missandersonkinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Erin, I love the Snowflake Catch activity! What great practice! :) I seriously need to work on my pile as well!

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Snowflake Catch is adorable! Love it!!

    Angelia
    Extra Special Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can get the snowflake dice mats from Learning and Teaching with Preschoolers here.

    http://learningandteachingwithpreschoolers.blogspot.com/2011/12/math-fun-with-snowmen.html

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics :) I am dying to get a firefighter to come for a visit (bc my kids are all afraid of fire drills!). Looks like a great activity!

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so nice of that parent, my kids would eat it up. I am your newest follower.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top