5 for Friday



Happy February! I don't know about you, but I thought January flew by! Here are a few random things we did this week. Make sure to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching.

1. We made snowmen out of paper cups, white paint, yarn, paper circles, raisins and other random materials.


2. We played in the rice table and I forgot how much of mess my little ones can make with the rice. Thank goodness for a broom and dustpan because they love playing with it.


3. This past week we painted with blue paint and after smearing it around some we added salt for a different texture. My morning class just loved doing this!


4. This is a mitten activity done a few weeks ago with the afternoon class. The students laced two white mittens together and then they colored the animals from the mitten and put them inside the mitten. It is great for retelling the story and helped with identifying the animals, as well as, fine motor skills.




5. I wanted to share this activity that one of the kindergarten teachers in my building did. She had the students cut out pictures from Scholastic magazines and sort them into fiction and nonfiction. I thought it was a great idea!


Happy Friday!


Photobucket

3 comments

  1. Looks like you had a crazy messy week - go you! I love the Scholastic sort. I started saving magazines this week for March! Thanks for sharing :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the idea of using Scholastic to sort by non-fiction/fiction. I always have way more than I need anyway.

    Angelia
    Extra Special Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. January did FLY by! What the heck?! Love your pics :)

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top