Shared Reading Conference

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to a shared reading conference and it was great! I came away with a lot of new ideas and some reminders of things I use to, but have gotten away from doing. At the same time, whenever I leave a conference like this I always feel like I am not doing enough and need to be doing a lot more. So I have been making some notes and plans of implementing some ideas right away and others to definitely do next year. One of my biggest challenges, is trying to simplify these activities for my little ones in ECSE. There attention span is very short and making sure it is developmentally appropriate for all of them. There is a huge range in their abilities and what their needs are and circle time is a challenge.

Anyways, from this conference here are a few things I learned:

Here is a song that can be sang to Frere, Frere Jacqua. You can use highlighting tape to highlight the word (something new I learned). Wikki stix also work on laminated chart paper or sentence strips so the students can circle words, letters, or punctuation (another thing I learned).


Color poems. Put on chart paper and add a picture to help students join in the reading.


Morning message for preschool with picture prompts.


Purple and Black color song from Frog Street Press. Again make sure to use picture prompts to help your little ones!
You can get the songs on YouTube here (put in frog street press color songs).



Here is an example.






I have so much to share and will try to do that in the next couple of weeks! :) Happy St. Patrick's Day!


2 comments

  1. Wow! So many good ideas! I am so glad you shared them. I always forget about my wiki sticks! I need to start using them again! As always, great freebies! Thanks!

    Hugs!
    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoy the freebies! I can't wait to try out my wiki sticks with the kids!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top