Mom's Will Appreciate This

My mom saved me this article from the Detroit Free Press, My Sweet Adorable Tyrant is Turning 2 and it could not have hit home more so than today. After the day I had with Ethan I am looking forward to a day full of IEPs tomorrow just so I can sit and sort of relax! Ethan refused to sit in the cart at the grocery store and instead was running up and down the aisles at full speed and I was attempting to throw what I needed into the cart while keeping up with him...needless to say I didn't get everything on the list this week! At my brother's birthday lunch he was doing laps around the table and would then run to the back door and who was following him?! Me. As soon as I got him changed out of his clothes to go into the tub...what does he do?! But open the bathroom door that I didn't completely shut and ran to the hall and peed on the floor. During the bath he decided to just splash like crazy and I think there was more water outside of the tub than in the tub by the end. He has been VERY energized today and I am just exhausted now.
While reading the article I was checking off everything that was so true of my life now...
1. No More Sleep 2. You start talking toddler lingo 3. the temper tantrums have begun! 4. not being on time for anything 5. shopping is like the daytona 500 6. refusing to eat things that he use to love. 7. you do crazy things to keep them entertained. 8 and 9. Your child's successes and failures become your own 10. As he grows older he is no longer the baby that I still consider him to be.

All of these are my life right now to a tee! It is nice to know I am not alone in feeling the exhaustion, craziness, and endless amount of love I have for my little guy. I sometimes take for granted all of his cuddles and I definitely need to remember to savor every moment because pretty soon he will be a little boy and not my baby anymore. Enjoy every moment and definitely read My Sweet Adorable Tyrant is Turning 2 it will put a smile on your face! :)


Photobucket

2 comments

  1. I understand completely! It's a crazy ride, but one worth taking. Enjoy your "break" tomorrow. =)

    Stacy
    Live Love Laugh and Teach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days! I am tired just thinking about them. :) Be sure to cherish the craziness along with the tenderness. I know it's a cliche, but completely true, time will fly by and Ethan will be grown and gone before you know it. My kids were little just yesterday and now I have a 23 and 21 year old. Still seem weird to me!
    Preschool Wonders

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top