Monday Made It

I love having time to make some diy crafts and projects! It is how I distress. Make sure to link up with 4th Grade Frolics! Here are a few things I made this past week.

I got my lesson plan binder together.

 
I have a monthly calendar from Kindergarten Works for free.

 
I started putting in a couple of tentative lesson plans for the beginning of the year.

 
I took an inventory of items I have not used and want to use and put each item on a sticky. I am going to put these on the lesson plan so I make sure to pull out those games and activities.

 
 
I printed and laminated al of my vocab picture cards that I am going to use for my word/picture wall. Each weeks theme is a different color so when I go to put them away at the end of the year I know what goes with what. I had this jewelry holder from Target sitting in my basement that I have put the cards in so I can easily pull them out each week.  

 
I am going to put the vocab cards in these Carson Dellosa cubes for games and to say a picture before they tell me their name. When a child has the cube they are the only one that is suppose to talk.

 
I made these numeral cards for the numeral song by Dr. Jean. I have large numbers that I show the kids, but a few of my students always want to take those numbers and trace them instead of writing them in the air or on the carpet. I have made 12 (1 for each student) and each set is again a different color. I printed them on construction paper and laminated them.

 
I had these made a while back, but have not had the opportunity to laminate them, but they are all laminated and ready to go for next year.


I also made a sing prompt. I have made a picture cue at the bottom in pink for what song the kids should be singing with us. I am not sure yet how I want to organize the pink picture prompts. Any suggestions are welcomed!

 
Lastly, I made these bottle cap magnets. Super easy! I just picked out some pictures and put them into power point and made them in the shape of a circle, cut it out, added some mod podge to the back to make sure the pictures would stick and then added a magnet to the back. They are hanging up on our magnetic calendar/ note board.
 
 
Here is a glimpse of some of my upcoming projects I plan on tackling in the next couple of weeks. I want to repaint this shelf and make into a stand that can be changed depending on the theme for the week.


 
This is my inspiration from Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds.
 
 
 
I want to spray the chairs and just clean them up. I also want to add new vinyl to the seats.




These are the curtains that were in my basement straight out of 1970. Definitely need to be updated!


What have you made?!



5 comments

  1. I love your room and your ideas! I like the lesson plan template! I had to play with mine a few times last year to find one that worked just perfect for me. Your kids are going to have so much fun this year!!

    Jessica

    Teacher Talk*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to do an inventory like you suggested and keep the ideas close at hand. I buy so many fun things and then forget to use them.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inventorying the items was the best thing I could have done! A lot of my things were not being used and now they are.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea with the vocabulary cards and the singing prompt! I have to make those for next year for sure! And, a blog after my own heart...with boardmaker! :)

    Erin
    Creating & Teaching

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.