An Apple a Day- Data Collection


I am linking up with Leigh at The Applicious Teacher for An Apple a Day. This week's topic is data collection.
Being a Special Ed teacher data is everything. You need to closely document each student's IEP goals and make sure that you are working on these skills on a regular basis because you could be audited and you have to report out on the IEP a minimum of 4x's a year. With 24 students that each have different goals that can be become a difficult task at times. I feel like this is another thing I am always revising as I go along.

Some things that have helped make my job A LOT easier are checklists. I use them all the time. I use them during circle time for different activities. The checklists also help to make sure I am not spending too much time on a skill that many of the students have attained.

Here is a picture of my checklists. I just use a check plus (has the skill completely), check (somewhat has the skill) and check minus (doesn't have the skill but is trying) and NR (not ready for this skill). At the top is the activity and on the far left column is each of the students names.



I keep all of my checklists in a binder.


I have dividers in place like this to separate each trimester.



Then, I inserted tabs that are split am/pm and circle/ centers.


For each of my students I also keep an IEP data collection sheet. You can get that here.


How do you keep your data all organized? Link up to share your ideas or check out others.




5 comments

  1. ESE teachers are my super heroes! You definitely have to be organized to make sure you are following IEP for ALL of your students. I am an inclusion room, and I just get stressed out with the 3-4 IEPs I handle! Thanks for linking up!

    Leigh
    The Applicious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a special ed teacher in CA. Love your blog! Laura
    Read-Write-Create

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an ECSE teacher in Missouri. I love your blog! I print a tracking sheet for each goal that each individual student. So, if a student has 6 goals, I have 6 tracking sheets for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! I am looking into a slightly different system for next year...something similar to that...stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.