An Apple a Day-Supplies and Organization

 
This week is supplies and organization. Something I feel like I am constantly trying to improve on.
Fortunately, at my current school I have lots of cabinets for storage. At my previous school I had one closet and very few shelves. I have finally taken the time to organize all of these shelves. Sorry for the bad pictures. I am not very good with a camera and my previous phone had terrible picture quality.

Anyways, for circle time, I have two bins- one for AM and one for PM that is  labeled and the activities get changed out depending on the themes and some (the kids favorites) remain there all year long.


I have color-coded my students large bins or boxes of toys and attached pictures to the front so they know what toys go where. Last year I used fabric and for some reason the Elmer's spray glue did not hold up well so this year I made a couple of bins with duct tape and that will hopefully work better.



In my closets and cabinets, I have organized everything according to reading, math, fine motor, etc. It seems to work well and I have made to label all the boxes. If I don't see it I won't use it. Here is my assessment cabinet.

 


I have organized my books by theme with paint sticks (my sister works at Sherwin Williams so I can get as many as I like!)



Last, but not least, my students assessment files I keep in a bin that I can carry around the classroom easily. I have tabs (not able to be seen in the picture) that states if the child is in the am, pm and in red so I remember a third year (once they are a third year student they have to move on). This was towards the end of the year so it is a mess, but at the beginning of the year it will be back to working order.


I looks more like this.




Another handy tip is that I get bags ready ahead of time for new students. We have a high turnover rate in our program so I get a plastic bag like below and put all the nametags in there. I would also include all forms, my handbook, the snack calendar, etc. and put it in that bag at the beginning of the year. When a new student arrives I can just pull it out the file cabinet and give it to the parent.



How do you organize all of your supplies?!

You can link up at The Applicious Teacher










No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.