Monday Made It and Meet the Teacher



This past week I was busy getting everything ready for the start of the school year. Here are a few things I created in preparation of the first day. You can link up here.

1. Welcome Banner. This banner is from Amy at the Resource(ful) Room.
 
Each of my kids made a placemat at the beginning of the school year. It helps define their space and show them where to place their food and drink. They love it and it also helps keep the crumbs more contained. Our placemat box was in desperate need of a makeover. I used some duct tape and wrapped it around and I put contact paper at the bottom for easy clean-up.

 
I had a crayon border that I have never used so I cut it into pieces and then I painted some clothespins. Here is a fun color matching activity that is also great for their fine motor skills.

 
Another find in my classroom. I had 4 Target pocket charts that I have not used in a long time so I duct taped them together. I would have sewed them but I don't know how to sew. I need to learn how to do that. I may put some washi tape down the front and around it to make it look more colorful.

 
I am also going to be trying these charts with my pm class so they can follow along as we count or say the abc's. I put them each on different color construction paper and put them on back to back. You can get the copy here.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am also linking up for Teacher Week 2013. You can meet other teachers here.
 
Here is a little bit about me.
My name is Kate and I currently teach Early Childhood Special Ed. I have a variety of disabilities in my am and pm class. Some of my students will go on to regular kindergarten and others I will try to get into specific programs (CI, ASD, Severe SLI etc.) This is going to be my fourth year of teaching ECSE. I taught kindergarten before that for three years.
I have an undergrad degree in Elem. Ed, English and Science. While there I ran cross country and track. Those people have and will always be my very best friends! We went through a lot with each other and seen each other at our best and worst.
 
I got both of my Masters from Madonna University. My first Masters was in Learning Disabilities and the second in Early Childhood Special Ed.
I am married and have a 22 month old. I love them like crazy!
 
 
 
In my spare time I love crafting, working out (biking, running, swimming, pretty much anything), scrapbooking, traveling, creating activities for my kids at school, and hanging out with my family and friends. I also love blogging to connect with other teachers and get great ideas that can be used in my classroom!
 
 
 
I also have a freebie for you. I just started a Teacher's Notebook store. I am going to be uploading some of my bestsellers from tpt as well as a few new ones once they are created and I am going to try to do different freebies at each store. You can get this ten frame freebie here


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

6 comments

  1. Thank you for linking up this week at Classroom Freebie's Manic Monday'! This is just terrific! I'm your newest follower! Good luck with Teachers Notebook! I've been there forever and every little penny helps, no matter what store/website it comes from!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots going on at your house! I love the idea of taping the four pocket charts together to make one big one. Probably better that you didn't sew them anyhow, they look great and duct tape can fix anything right? I love the picture of your son "painting", it's so nice to see kids being kids!
    Sidney
    Teachingisagift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ethan loves painting and I agree kids need to be kids!

      Delete
  3. I love your crayon matching idea, cutting up the border, and painting the clothespins to match! It's a unique way to use a border that I wouldn't have thought of.

    Ashley
    Tacky the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the midst of debating if I would like to leave me 3rd grade resource room position to teach ECSE (inclusion prek class). I LOVE your room and it makes me excited about PreK! I have no idea what I would do with them for the first few days of school, if you have any tips I would love to know!

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top