Organiztion

The curriculum we use is the Creative Curriculum and the assessment we use is the brigance. I use these two things and the students IEP goals to drive my instruction. When planning I initially come up with some themes that I would like to do each month and then I add the letter of the week that is to be focused on and anything else that may need to be completed that week (mostly assessments that need to be done).
 
I have an outline of my monthly themes, letter we are on and anything else special then.


 
Then I start creating lesson plans. I use the same template for the am and pm and just write the am and pm activities in the same area.


 
Last year I started keeping a huge binder of what books, activities, etc. that we did because some of my students are with me for three years and to keep changing things up I can see what I have done in the past and what I would like to reuse (I can take that activity out and move it to the new binder).
 


 
Since going through the binder it has been MUCH easier to see what I have done versus just reading it on the lesson plan because sometimes the title of the activity may be the same or similar.
 
I do keep hard copies of everything because it is easier for me to use and see then doing it on the computer. I have considered doing visual plans which would eliminate this for me, but at this time I think this may be easier.
 
I have tubs with each of my monthly activities and games that I keep in one of my closets. They are all labeled by theme and easy to grab out for when I do that theme. I also have a bin of file folder games organized mostly by theme and season too that I can easily grab and change out when the time comes. Unfortunately I do not have pictures of either of these to share.
 
How do you keep everything organized?! Make sure to link up and share what you do!
 

No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top