Language Activities


This week has been all about fall. We read the book Fall Mixed Up. My pm class loved the book because some of the things are so silly. I made an emergent reader that has some of the items that were mixed up and the students will color what is correct. I plan on trying this with my pm class tomorrow as I know some of them did not understand the silliness and this will be an even better way to assess who really understood it and who didn't. This way too I can explain why it is silly and what is true.
 
 You can get the book here at TN

Also, since the start of the school year I have been using weekly boardmaker vocab pics I made up based on the weekly themes.
 Here is our picture/ word wall. I plan on doing some activities with the picture wall as the school year progresses.

 
Each week I put the pictures in the dice I have and before they say the name I roll it to the kids and they identify the picture and if the students can I will ask them questions regarding the picture (what color, what do you use it for, etc.)



 
Also, for my early finishers that are readers (just not comprehenders yet) I have some books from Reading A to Z that I am going to put out and coordinate to the theme of the week. I will have my higher students read them to me and answer questions regarding the books. I have not tried this yet but plan on doing so this coming week. I had to get some storage for them first.
 
 
 
Anything special that you do with your kiddos to increase their language and vocab that really works well?
 


No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top