Operation Organization

Today was the third and final day of Open Houses. I am really looking forward to my kiddos this year. I think I am going to have two great groups of kids! I am also really excited because I have a new ECSE partner and she is fabulous! She's high energy and has lots of new ideas.

Today I only had to meet with a couple of students so I was able to get a lot of things organized and go through a lot of files. I should have taken a picture of the before and after of my one drawer in the file cabinet because I can now easily close it and the papers that remain are things I intend on using.


I have decided to make the transition to keeping my papers in the binder because I do not tend to look through the file cabinet of things I have and I did look through last years lesson plan binder when planning for this year. This will also cut down on where everything is located because I had a file folder for beginning of the year copies, a file folder for newsletters, and then a file folder for handouts, but it was not organized in order of how I needed them. So I am hoping these binders will help with that problem!
 
I also started a second binder of alphabet papers because once again it was a hodge podge of papers in the file folder. A HUGE mess! This should help reduce that.

 
 
Well, my kids start tomorrow and I am hoping it is controlled chaos. I know the morning will be a challenge because the kids have no idea of what to do and the afternoon should be okay as the majority of them have been in my class previously. Wish me luck!


2 comments

  1. It's great that you have another teacher you can bounce ideas off of and get inspiration from! This will be the first year there is more than one preschool teacher at my school, so I'm really looking forward to having a teaching partner as well. I hope your first day went well!

    Ashley
    Tacky the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving having a teacher to work with! It makes it a lot more fun. I hope your year is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.