September Currently

I am linking up with Farley for the September Currently. August flew by, but I am looking forward to fall, cooler weather, cider, donuts, and football! I love fall!

 
 
 
Listening- to Fox 2 news
 
Loving- On Saturday we got together with our college friends and had a bbq , played some beanbags. and some other shenanigans. It was a fun time. Yesterday we got together with a friend of mine, her husband, and kids and we went swimming, bbq and had a fire. It was a lot of fun and it is probably the last time I will see some of these friends for awhile because with conflicting schedules during the school year it is hard to get together.
 
Thinking-about work...tomorrow, Wed, and Thur we have Open House and then we have the kids for the first day on Friday. I have lots of last minute things I want to get done around the house too because if I don't do it today it won't happen until probably Christmas.
 
Wanting- Matt lost his job two weeks ago and I am hoping he gets hired somewhere soon. I think about it a lot and I need to try not to worry about it. I am sure it will all work out, but it is more like when.
 
Needing- some caffeine. Ethan is already on the go and has been all weekend so I am tired.
 
I need to work out at least 3x's a week (I got a workout in today), try to worry less because a lot of things I cannot control, and savor each day. I need to be thankful for all the great people and things I have and enjoy them!


10 comments

  1. I think you said it all... try to worry less because a lot of thing I cannot control. Amen. I tend to worry about things that are out of my control and all it is does is blind me to the good. Hope you have a great week, and I'll say a little prayer for your hubby and also for your worries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you about getting things done now, before school starts, or they won't get done until the next long break! School tends to take over, but be sure to fit in some time for yourself. My workout is usually that time too!

    Ashley
    Tacky the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new teacher teaching full day ECSE. I taught half day this past school year with one student. Getting nervous about tomorrow in a new school district, just got hired on Friday. Any tips? Or anything regarding schedule, classroom management, first day/week plans, star student or daily classroom helpers? I read your blog daily as other blogs but first time poster! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't start my classroom helper until a month in so I can model what to do. Classroom management depends on each child so get a feel for each of your students and go from there. My lesson plans the first week are usually just skills that I need to assess...boardmaker pics that I have them cut out and say or repeat, simple identifying color activities, and things like that so I can group my kids appropriately. I hope that helps a little! Good luck! :)

      Delete
  4. On the plus side, you're husband gets to spend more time with your son during this time. Have faith, he will find a job soon. Love your blog, thanks for all the great ideas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, that is one plus because he did work so much he has been loving every second with Ethan.

      Delete
  5. I know how stressful your situation is. The same thing happened to us when our kids were little. I will say a little prayer that your husband finds a great job soon.
    Preschool Wonders

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.