Shared Reading

Since going to the shared reading conference back in  March I am trying to incorporate more shared reading opportunities in my classroom on a daily basis. When I taught kindergarten I did it all the time and then when I moved to ECSE I kind of forgot about it or didn't do it nearly as often as I should.

Here are some of the ways I am incorporating shared reading on a daily basis.

Morning message. Right now I am just attempting to have the students "read" as much of it as they can with me. My special helper is pointing to each of the words. As time progresses I intend on leaving spaces for them to fill in letters and the day of the week.

Every week so far I have had a poem written up that is interactive as much as possible (the kids can bring up the leaves as we read the poem). We are saying this before snack time daily and the pm class loves it. Last week we read Way Up High in the Apple Tree. Again, my special helper is pointing to each of the words as we say it.
 
 
Color poems. My morning class have just been saying a short phrase or attempting to just say a word, but they are at least trying to say more and it correlates with the color of the week.

 
Last but not least, I am going to start using Dr. Jean's Weather Song with the am and pm class this week. Here are some picture prompts with the spelling of each of the weather words. You can get it at Teacher's Notebook

 
 
 
Enjoy the freebie and have a great rest of the week!
 
 

No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top