Five for Friday-lots of stuff!

fiveforfriday2_thumb3

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday.

Well, this week has been a fun and exciting week at school and personally. This week we read and talked about monsters, which all of my little ones loved!

1. Shape and Letter Monster
 
Here is a picture of my shape/letter monster that we use during circle time. I give the am group shapes and the pm group letters and then we say "Shape monster, shape monster munch munch munch...How about a ____ for my lunch" and the kids put it in his mouth. They love this.

 
We made some letter and shape monsters.

 
2. We made these adorable these adorable coffee filter monsters. They colored them with markers and then we had them spritz some water on them to make the colors blend together.



3. Our OT did this fun activity with our kiddos. You have the students form newspaper into balls (great for strengthening little ones arches in their hands). Then, she had them be a bear and climb over the mountain. We sang this song with them, "A bear went over the mountain, the bear went over the mountain, a bear went over the mountain, to get to the other side".

 
4. So personally this week, Matt has gotten his job and will be a manager at fitness club and it starts Monday! Ethan turned 2 yesterday and on Tuesday, I finally had my first ultrasound. We are expecting our second 'lil pumpkin' this May 2014. I am 9 weeks along and that has been part of the reason why I have been so exhausted lately! The start of the school year is exhausting and add in the first trimester and I am going to bed at the same time Ethan does each night. We are super excited about all the happenings this week.



5. A little freebie for everybody. A Colorful Spiders emergent reader and it also focuses on big vs. small, which has been VERY challenging for my kiddos this year.

You can get it on tpt





Freebie Fridays





13 comments

  1. Congrats on your new little one! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shape and letter monster, definitely putting that one on my list to make! Congrats on your happy news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids loved making them! I hope your kiddos do too!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I am so happy for you. :) Thanks for the shape monster idea! We are doing monsters next week. The freebie is perfect, too!
    Preschool Wonders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! A baby is so exciting. Love your blog! I also blog about early childhood special ed - check it out. Found you through the 5 for Friday linky party - hope to be back soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photos of the monsters. You have a cute blog, full of ideas
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through the Five for Friday linky, and I love finding other special education teachers! I am a new follower. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, my husband just got a new job! Congrats for your family on the new job and on the new addition!!

      Delete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top