Resolutions & a little of this & that...

After a super busy and fun three days I am just savoring the quiet before Ethan gets up. Today is going to be a chill day for us at home as we have been on the go since Monday.

First, I want to share my resolutions for 2014. I am linking up with A Peach for the Teach. I just discovered this blog and cannot wait to explore it some more!



Personal: I think I may have said this one last year...relax. I am a high energy person and quite impulsive and I need to relax. Especially with a second little one on the way I need to chill out and realize not everything can get done.

Professional and Classroom: With a lot more students with autism coming into the ECSE classroom I need to learn to use the many visuals I have more effectively. One of the biggest problems I have faced with this is organizing the visuals and making sure they are readily accessible at all times.  

Blog/TPT: I must admit there is nothing specific with this other than to link more with people. I have loved being able to link up with teacher in similar positions as sometimes in my building I can feel pretty isolated just beacause of who and what I teach.

Just for Fun: I am hoping to really create more ME time and Hubby and Me time. This was a resolution of mine last year and honestly, I didn't do a good job of it. I feel like I am teacher and come home and am in Mom mode until I go to bed. I need to create a little more balance in my life.

Now for some random...we made these cut stocking with the kiddos at the end of the week. Lacing the stocking and pulling cotton are great fine motor skills, which is something my kiddos can always use extra practice with.






On Monday, we found out...



Also, stay tuned...I am hoping to share a new font or more if I have time and have a new winter freebie I am posting tomorrow.





11 comments

  1. Woo hoo! A girl! Congratulations!
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!



    The Educator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the baby girl news! And joining in linky parties is a great way to link up with more people, its how I found your blog!

    Butterflying Through Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Love you blog! I teach a inclusion PreK class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Kate! I'm so excited for your big news! Congrats on your baby girl! I also love the stockings craft! Thanks so much for linking up! Your resolutions are great! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to check out your blog some more!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your baby girl! So exciting! Finding balance is a constant challenge for all working moms, but you are right...it is so important! Here's to a happy and healthy 2014! I'm a new follower...
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top