Dramatic Play Boxes


Since we have a cold day today (-14 currently without the winchill) and yesterday was a snow day I was able to begin compiling and figuring out how I want to tackle the dramatic play boxes. I must admit I am ready to get back in the classroom to my kiddos! Hopefully tomorrow will be warm enough to go to work! Anyways, when beginning to plan the dramatic play boxes two sites were VERY helpful!

The Considerate Classroom and Pre-K Pages

The Considerate Classroom has a great video to show how she sets up her dramatic play area.
Pre-K Pages has lots of cute ideas and really affordable dramatic play kits. Definitely check them out!

So here are a few things I got together and have made to start with organizing the dramatic play boxes. All of the ideas come from one of these sites.

First, I am working on making some lanyards that designate jobs to the kids. On the back will be what that person's job is (I need to get to my work computer to get access to boardmaker for that).


 
 
I am collecting some real food containers and boxes to be used for the grocery store.


Placemats for restaurant play. I need to check what sileverware I have at work and if I have enough I will put this in an individual bag for students to set the table with.
 
Grocery store savings cards (still need to be laminated), but I am going to laminate those and look for some spare keys to attach them too. You can get these at Pre-K Pages.

Cookie counting and matching. I have something similar, but the old version of it.
Count-With-Me Talking Cookie Jar

Flowers that were in my basement...waiting to be used.

 
I also made felt band-aids for the animals and for the dolls.
 
 
This is random, but I made this cute EAT sign for my own kitchen yesterday. I can't wait to put it up! The idea came from Shanty 2 Chic. She has some super cute stuff that she makes and I have a list of things I want to tackle now because of that site!

 
I am going to try to continue to post the progress I am making and how I am going about doing it as to hold myself accountable. Well, if you have another day off enjoy it!
 
Check out Fourth Grade Frolics for some more creative ideas or to share what you have been up to!

No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.