Five for Friday-Winter Fun

This past week we continued to talk about winter animals and winter in general. We had professional development on Monday and today was a teacher work day. Let me say it was definitely a productive day, which I just love! A lot of the other schools in our area were closed for a cold day (it was -20 withe wind chill), but I must say I am glad we weren't...I'm getting scared that we will have days to make up.
You can link up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching.

Anyways, here is what we were up to this week.

1. We made some penguins.

 
2. We have been practicing this poem for the month of January. I finally took a picture of the words.
 

 
3. We have also been practicing this poem that goes with the mitten.

 
4. We made some snowmen. The kids used tweezers to pick up the small styrofoam balls and glue them around the snowman.


 
We made snowman faces in the morning class.

 
5. Last, but not least...I finally got around to some things I have been meaning to do...
 
started going through the tub of kitchen items to make work tasks.


 
And I am really excited about this one... ABC play-doh Dig.  I got the idea from Shuna at Pocket Full of Kinders and you can get a free play-doh dig mats from her (make sure to check it out!).
 
I found the wax letters at the bottom of a drawer in my classroom from the teacher before me.



I split the play-doh in half
And then I added the letters into the play-doh

 
folded it in half

 
Added some more letters on the top and bottom and wrapped the other half of play-doh around the playdoh and then squished it together back into the container.  

 
Last, but not least I did get the opportunity to make a new font. You can get that here and check out Monday's Valentine gift freebies. 


Freebie Fridays

Have a great weekend and stay warm!

2 comments

  1. Is that tissue paper on your penguin? What a neat craft.
    Jenn
    KinderMyles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, it is tissue paper.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top