Five for Friday


1. I didn't get the chance to share these cute little heart puppies we made last week. They turned out adorable!


2. This week we are learning about community helpers and transportation. We made police cars. We also have been learning about the tools that each community helper needs to do their job.



3. I have been trying to change out the materials that the kids use to match the letters. They definitely enjoy doing the abc mats with all sorts of things. Last week we used felt letters. This week we used stones with letter stickers. A Monday Made it project from the summer.

We also have been sorting out by color. The kids have enjoyed this and definitely need some continued practice with this.



4. We played this fun car game. All of my kids loved it! I wrote the letters on the road as the car mat. The student would roll a dice, move that many spaces, and then identify the letter. This could easily be done for any other skill too (shapes, number, etc.). The original idea came from Marsha at a Differentiated Kindergarten.

5. I also pulled the kids individually and had them practice fine motor writing in the sand. Another favorite by them all!

I hope you have a great weekend and don't forget to link up with Kacey!




2 comments

  1. What a fun week! I love the police car with the people in it.
    Jenn
    KinderMyles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to pin the police car, it is so cute! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.