More Task Box Ideas

Today was an exhausting day emotionally. I hate days like this because a lot of it was out of my control, but it just seems that all the hard work done has been somewhat wasted...
Anyways, tomorrow is a new day and I just need to focus on it being a short day because we have pd and Thursday is the last day of our week because we have mid winter break...so only 2 more days this week. I can make it.

The task boxes have been working out great and a lot of the materials I already had, I just had to sort the stuff out and organize it. I have been trying to rotate my task boxes out weekly so the kids don't get bored and to work on different skills.

Here are some of them from this week and last.

Using the Play-doh dig mats from Shuna at Pocket Full of Kinders I got altoid tins and placed number magnets in them for the kids to match.
 
I had felt letters from a felt board that I used with the ABC play-doh mats.

 
I got these bear size sorting cards from Erin at Creating and Teaching. The kids sort the bear by color and size. You can get the cards here on tpt



I added rice and pattern blocks for the kids to sort. You can get the pattern black sorting card below.
 

We also have been screwing and unscrewing screws. There are screwdrivers for the kids to use too, but some of them are not ready for that.






Matching shape oreo cookies.
 
Velcro popsicle sticks to make shapes.

 
All of these are easy to make or may be items that you already have around your room, but also keep your little ones busy and work on literacy, math, and fine motor skills. :)
 
Have a great Tuesday!

No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.