Classroom Management Ideas and a freebie

I have been thinking about little things that I have changed throughout this year that have made my life and the kids a little easier. Some of the classroom management strategies I have been doing for awhile and have found to be effective for my little ones.

1. My go to basket. This basket has weighted vest, weighted dogs, wedge seats, and fidgets that the kids may need throughout the day. Having all of these items in one place makes it easy to find and because it is right at the circle area that kids have also learned that as they need something they too can take it out of the basket.

 
2. Hugs and Bubbles in the hallway. I have been doing this since I taught Kindergarten and it helps the kids to be quiet and keep their hands to themselves. Students cross their arms across their body and puff out their cheeks.
 
3. Visual Song Storage
 


4. Name Cards
When I taught Kindergarten I used these cards on the word wall for the kiddos to write about their friends. However, since moving to ECSE, the purpose has changed. We use these cards to show who is here and not here and to practice their name, age, birthday, address, and phone number. Obviously, not all of the kids are going to be able to do all of these tasks so on the back of each card I write what we are practicing and this way I can remember the indvidual students information. This also is great for the sub. We do this daily during circle time.

 
 
5. This is a new idea I am hoping to make for next year:
 
DVD first/ then cases where you can keep the boardmaker pics in the case.
 
 
 
 
The original idea came from Teaching Special Thinkers.
 
Also, I am throwing a 20% off sale at tpt! Make sure to check it out!
 
 
 
What little classroom management ideas help make your life a little easier?


No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top