Here Comes the Sun...



We had another snow day...when will this winterbe over?! The last two days were 50 and sunny and the snow was finally melting and now we are suppose to get another 7 inches and tonight we are suppose to have a record low of 3. Yuck! So in hopes of a little sunshine and warmer temps...

I am so excited to be nominated for the Sunshine Award. Thanks Lola! If you haven't checked out her blog you need too, Preschool Wonders! She has lots of great ideas.

Here are the rules:
{1} Post 11 random facts about yourself.
{2}  Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
{3} Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world.
{4} Make up 11 questions for your nominations to answer.
 
11 Random Facts about Myself
1. I am the oldest of four kids.
2. I love aqua blue and lime green.
3. I never thought I would marry my husband. It started out as a joke in college and then after college we got together and were married a year and a half later.
4. I love to run.
5. I love to be outdoors...running, hiking, canoeing, biking anything where I can be out and about!
6. I love crafting and decorating!
7. I ran in college competively.
8. I have ran a marathon and many half marathons.
9. I love the Wonder Years and it is on Netflix now so when I am on maternity leave I plan on watchig it.
10. I have a two year old son, Ethan, who is my world!
11. I am due May 21st with a precious little girl, Madilyn (Maddie).

Here are my 11 answers from Lola.

{1}What's your favorite subject/theme to teach? I would have to say reading. I love seeing the growth the kids make from identifying letters to reading simple words. It's amazing.
{2}If you could travel anywhere where would you go? I really want to go to Europe (England, Italy, France).
{3}What's your favorite snack? Anything sweet right now...my baby girl is making me crave sweets like crazy!
{4}What do you like to do in your free time? Spend time with my Ethan!
{5}What person has been most influential to you? My parents. My brother is cognitively impaired and they were at the forefront of getting him everything he needs and have never once regretted having him be this way. A lot of services were not available when he first was born and they have been great about finding resources for him!
{6}Where is your favorite vacation spot? I love travelling to new places, but I have loved Yosemite and Yellowstone National Park. I would love to go back!
{7}How long have you been teaching and what grades/subjects have you taught? 7 years. 3 years in K and 4 years in ECSE.
{8}What is the most frustrating thing to you about teaching? When parents cannot accept who their child is because of a certification.
{9}What's the most rewarding thing to you about teaching? Seeing the kids grow!
{10} If you won the lottery what would you do with the money? Pay off all my debt, give some to charity, and helping out my family pay off some stuff, and definitely travel.
{11}If you had unlimited time what would you do more of? Travel.

11 Blogs I Nominate (make sure to check them out!)

1. Erin at Creating and Teaching
2. Sasha at the Autism Helper
3. Mandi at A Special Kind of Class
4. Melissa at the Autism Adventures of Room 83
5. Yay for PreK
6. Mrs. Dixon Teaching Special Thinkers
7. Merideth at The Big Apple Teacher
8. Mrs.Berns at Keepin It Krazy
9. Kara at Sped-Ventures
10. Karen at Mrs. Karen's Preschool Ideas
11. Rae at Mindful Rambles

11 Questions for the Others
1. What is most rewarding about teaching?
2. What is your favorite vacation spot?
3. Favorite beverage to get your day started?
4. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
5. 3 words to describe your teaching style.
6. What is your favorite outfit to wear to work?
7. Who is your favorite children's author?
8. What's your favorite movie?
9. Who or what helps brings 'sunshine' to your day?
10. What's your favorite holiday?
11. What is your favorite subject or theme to teach?


Thanks again Lola for nominating me! If you are getting a snow day today I hope you enjoy it! :)

 



No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top