How I Plan

I do a lot of planning during the summer and just make changes as needed. During the school year I just don't have time to do a lot of planning because of writing up IEPs and meetings and such so I try to do as much of it during the summer as possible.

Since I have an AM and PM class and I have students that can be with me up to three years I try to change things up as much as possible. A way that I have found to make this easier is by keeping a giant binder of my previous years lesson plans with a copy of what I did with the kiddos. I take out the last three years binders and open them up to the same week and see what I did.

In the previous years binders I make notes of what worked, what the kids loved, what didn't work out well and what I would not suggest doing again. By looking at the previous years I am sure to keep things new for the kids that I will have for three years.

This is also great for getting all of my copies in order and helps with getting games prepared ahead of time. I am able to print and laminate the games during the summer and organize them for the start of the school so during the year when I am super busy I can just easily pull that game out. I do tweak activities if I feel that particular group is not ready for that activity or game, but at least the majority of the work is done!



The inside of the 2013-2014 binder...


Monthly calendar where I briefly jot down what I plan on doing. 


Lesson Plans


Copies of activities to be done. 




Do you do planning during the summer for the following year?!



No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top