Book Talk Tuesday




I do a letter of the week with my kiddos and to kick off the letter we read Alphatales. My kids love these books! We watch them on the ELMO while listening to the book read on a CD. The books are short (which keeps my kids attention), have bright colors, cute and fun characters, a search and find activity page, and have a catchy song at the end of the story. I also love that the teacher resource book has mini books of the story. I send them home weekly with a list of activities that the kids can do with their parents. I encourage the parents to keep all of the mini books and read them with their child. I have had lots of parents tell me how excited the kids are about having their own letter books and they read them frequently, which I love to hear! I also incorporate Have Fun Teaching's letter songs that you can find on youtube. My kids love singing the songs and we frequently revisit the Alphatales book and have fun teaching song throughout the week.

 You can get Alphatales here



You can find more great book ideas at Mrs. Jump's Class!



No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top