New Behavior Chart


So I had this great idea and then Erin at Creating and Teaching shared her behavior system and I am once again revamping my original idea. It was similar to mine, just a bit more detailed. Last year I used the color chart like many of you use, but did not find it to be effective for my kiddos. My kids that were going to be well behaved were everyday and the kids that were going to misbehave would and didn't care about moving down. Or if they did move down they would get more upset and more behaviors would occur.

So this coming year this is what I am going to try. It focuses strictly on the positive and can be adapted for each child if needed. So the kids are going to earn Popsicle sticks. 

The Popsicle sticks that are earned will be placed in this jewelry holder. Each child has their own picture where the Popsicle sticks can be placed. 


To take this a step further the kids will be working for fun breaks where they can get an item of their choice to play with for a 5 minute break. The more sticks earned the bigger or more desired the item. I plan on purchasing Erin's Happy Sticks behavior system, which will work great because it has a better way of tracking the students than I had. You can check that out here. It is in my basket waiting for a sale!  

This system similar to a token system used with many students with autism. I really think this will help all my kids and at the end of the day will help all my kids with having positive behavior all day long! Have you used something similar to this?! If so, has it worked and any challenges you had with it?


Link up with Miss. V's Busy Bee's to share your behavior management. 




5 comments

  1. What a great idea!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    www.kinderdragons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should link up with Mrs. D's Corner or Miss V's Busy Bees. They are having a weekly linky party, and this first week is all about behavior management. You already did the post, so now just link up! :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for letting me know about the link up! :)

      Delete
  2. How did you like this system? We tried a clip chart and found it was not effective for our kids who really needed it as well. Hope your end of the year is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the idea of it and I didn't have kids getting upset because of getting their color changed, but I had trouble giving out the popsicle sticks regularly...so I am going to be revamping that. Any ideas are welcomed!

      Delete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.