Classroom Reveal, a Tip, & Mon.Made It

After a relaxing weekend up north for a wedding I had to be super productive today and the weather has helped with that! (It is raining and suppose to all day long!). I went into my classroom and finished setting up and made copies. My sister came and helped watch the kids so I could get a lot done.

Here is a view from the door.

This is my bulletin board right next to the door. The first week of school we are going to sort good vs. sad choices and I am going to put that up next to the classroom rules. 


Here is my new happy sticks chart and soon to be schedule (I have a few more pictures to make for it). I am actually going to be using this in a completely different way now. We are going to get magnets and put a picture of the kids on it and move them through the points. This way it is more of a visual for them as to what they are earning. 


Here is my calendar area. 


Our color poem. 


Cabinets where reading, fine motor, and math manipulatives are kept. 


Not a 100% sure what I am going to do with this board this year...


In the back I have placed file holders where I will put the activities I am going to do with my small group during centers. In the wipe containers are crayons and there is a scrap bin. 


A view from the back. We got smartboards this year. I cannot wait to start exploring with it!


I am going to put my work task boxes here. 

Now for a freebie. I have slowly been working on making more visual prompts with how to play with the toys in the classroom. You can get these visuals here.  



And here are a few things I made today!


My behavior and homework calendars are together. 






I also made a farm map for students to place the fences, barn, and animals. You can get the farm animal visuals here.  I plan on making more visuals and a story about how to use this as soon as I can. 





Classroom Freebies Manic Monday







Last, but not least a new way to keep those visual cards you use all the time nearby. I added felt to my bulletin board and added velcro to the back of the common visuals I use throughout the day. This way they are kept all in one place and are accessible for everyone that comes into the classroom to help. 



Whew! That was a lot! Well, thanks for reading if you made it this far! I hope you got some good ideas and have a great Monday!




7 comments

  1. This is great! Do you mind sharing the homework calendar you have created? I have been trying to jumpstart that in my classroom and I love this easy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classroom looks great! Love idea of a scrap bucket. They would be VERY helpful for small group. Thanks for sharing!
    Pocketofpreschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your classroom!! It looks very organized and functional. The felt and Velcro idea is great, too!

    -Tasha
    A Tender Teacher for Special Needs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great!! I totally agree with you about using scrap buckets!! I put a few of my kinders in charge of emptying them out every day and I don't have to worry about them! :-) I hope that you have a great school year!!!

    Warmest Wishes, Erin from Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you have a great school year too!

      Delete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top