Five for Friday

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

I am linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday.

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks so this is a combination of everything.  It is a combination of colors, shapes and Thanksgiving activities. Here is what we have been up to the last few weeks.

1. Colors and Shapes- We read Dog's Colorful Day and retold the stories on these story mats.


Students picked the colors and put them on the mat. 


Then we counted 1-10 and placed the numbers in order on the mat. 


 We read Lots of Dots and made these dot paintings.



We read our shape mini adapted book. 



We made Pete the Cat


We looked for purple items and other items in the color sensory bottles. 



2. Gross Motor- I found this ladder in a box in my room. So our OT did some fun activities with it. They practiced alternating feet across (middle bottom pic). We crawled across it (left) and we took out some of the steps and the kids jumped into the open space, up on to the step, and down again (right). 


3. I have new schedule. It is full size pictures instead of the smaller ones. 


4. I moved my borders to the closet and hung them up on a hanger. No more big box!



5. Happy Turkey Day! We made leaf turkeys. 


On a personal note, my baby girl is 6 months old! Time flies!

We also got a new fridge. I love it!


This weekend we are hosting our 5th annual Friendsgiving. We get a bunch of friends together and have a turkey dinner. It is fun to catch up with everybody that we don't get to see too much. 
 Have a great weekend!



2 comments

  1. Hi Kate, Your daughter is a cutie, and the Friendsgiving idea is a great one! We did a Pete the Cat project, too. They love Pete, don't they! And most importantly, I see you are a Michigan blogger, too. See you around, Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Pete the Cats! Have a Happy Friendsgiving!

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.