- Daily Behavior Calendar I loved this and it was a great communication tool for parents and simple for me to do daily! The idea came from The Cupcake for the Teacher! Love this!
- Center Transition Sticks This helped make transitions so smooth!
- Table Time This worked really well for my am class. A great way to ease into the day!
- Work Boxes...I am going to be revisiting my system because this was a work in progress throughout the year, but my kids love doing them and it was a great way to review skills! Blog post coming soon!
- Gross Motor Time Our Donor's Choose project gave us even more equipment to meet our students sensory and gross motor needs and this time helped decrease behavior problems.
- Center Visuals Help guide the group and individual students through what to do.
- Group Play...we have worked on properly teaching the students how to play with the items and how to appropriately interact with each other while playing.
- Progress Monitoring Binder...keeps me accountable each month!
- Lesson Plan Binder...keeps me organized and makes sure I do not reuse all the same activities every year...especially since some of my little ones are with me for three years!
- Snack Conversation Starters...gets them talking and interacting.
- Show and Tell Note My parents sent it in for their little ones and I could better understand what some of my little ones were trying to tell me.
Needs to be Tweaked:
- Homework Calendar (thinking about doing monthly parent/ child project, having students cut out a picture and bring in something for the color and letter of the week and continuing show and tell Fridays). You can read about what I was doing here. Why it wasn't working: parents weren't doing it or were lying about it.
- Behavior Points Why: I liked the idea of it and I didn't have kids getting upset because of getting their color changed, but I had trouble giving out the popsicle sticks regularly...so I am going to be revamping that. Any ideas are welcomed!
- Dramatic Play Props (all made and props ready to go, but need to do!) This will definitely get my little ones talking more and interacting more appropriately! You can find my mega pack of dramatic play props here. All organized and ready to go!
- Updating Movement Visuals...Grab up this freebie!
- Finishing up alphabet bags. I have been finding random items around my house that can be used for each letter (it is amazing all the little things your collect or your kids collect!).