Friday, July 17, 2015

Five for Friday


fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

I am linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching to share what I was up to this week.


1. This week I was busy laminating, cutting, and assembling activities for next year. This is going to be great for my early finishers. 

This matching common signs is from Simply Special Ed and you can find that here. 
This is going to be a great work box task. 


This book is from Teaching Special Thinkers. You can find it here. 

2. I finished my backsplash with the Smart Tiles. It was super easy and really affordable! It was about $250 and I had some tiles left over just in case. It definitely makes my kitchen look a lot nicer and it doesn't look fake. I saw some tiles at a different store that were similar and was worried about that, but it looks great. 

Here is a little closer up. 
3. I went to Target and here are some of the things I found. 
These are great for sorting or making patterns. 
I am going to add these to my sensory bin for back to school. 
I am going to make these into a work task for my kiddos. 
4. 


I have been trying to save some money. I have been using Ebates, which if you aren't using it...you should be. If you do a lot of online shopping it is great! Different stores offer a percentage back and it is free to sign up. You can check that out here:
EBates
I also just started using ibotta and this is great for grocery shopping. All you have to do is answer a survey, watch a quick commercial and it unlocks coupons. Some of the coupons are pretty good too and really generic. So no matter where you shop you can redeem it. On my last shopping trip I saved $5 by using it. You check that out here if you are interested: ibotta
Do you have any great money saving sites that you use?! I love the cartwheel app  and mPerks (Meijer- a grocery store here in the midwest) too. I am all about saving a little bit of money! Who isn't?! I'd love to hear of any other ones to try though. 
5. This coming Monday I am participating in a Special Ed Back to School Blog Hop! Make sure to check back Monday for some fun freebies and giveaways!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, I picked up some of those lowercase magnetic letters, too. Lowercase are harder to find and it's important that kids see all sorts of type, so these fit the bill. I recently discovered Passionate Penny Pincher. Seems like a good spot to learn all sorts of money saving tips. See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate:
    I love the new backsplash! You can also never have too many stickers! :)
    I would love to participate in the Special Education BTS blog hop too. Could you give me more information about how to join?

    ~Karyn
    Teaching in Bows Pearls and Glitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your backsplash looks awesome! I did mine a few years ago, but I don't love it :( I really want to redo it with white subway tiles, but I can't justify such a big project when it's pretty brand new. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That backsplash looks awesome!! You did a really great job on it!! I love all of your Target finds, looks like I'm headed back there! :-)
    Thank you so much for sharing your 5, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete