Let's Get Talking

This year my morning class is mostly nonverbal. They have a few words here and there but not a lot. Out of these kids about half of them have great receptive language and want to talk, but can't so I made these fun sentence strips to start to get them talking. 

I want to make sure the things they are talking about are important to them so I chose some topics that are important to them. 
I like to eat
Breakfast
Lunch
Fruit
Vegetables
I like color or I see
I like to play (sport)
I like to (general)
I like to drink



Here is how to use it:
Print all pieces on cardstock. Laminate. Cut apart cards on p. 7-14. place Velcro on p. 5-6 in squares and behind pictures.
Students will choose the item of their choice or if showing the card (will need to print a second copy of p. 10-14).  Then, students with the picture prompts will repeat the sentence. Place the cards to be chosen as the answer in the holding charts on p. 5-6

I have some similar activities and we are in the works of using PECS with the students so this is a great supplement for that! 

You can find this product here! 


No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top