Para Pro/ Teacher Expectations

Today is my first day back to school! If you are starting today or have been in school I hope you are off to a great start!!! :)
Anyways, in my classroom we have one para-pro who works in the classroom with your 24/7. I end up seeing this person more than I even see my husband! Since you work so closely with them you need to have clear expectations and communication. Last year I had a number of para pros in and out of my classroom. With so many new para pros coming in and out I needed to keep re-explaining what is expected of them throughout different times of the day and explain what I was doing. To help with this transition I created a schedule of the day and what the teacher should be doing and what the para-pro should be doing. I keep this in my sub folder and keep on on the para pros desk so they can know what to do throughout the day. This also helps if you have two subs in the classroom! 
Before using this with my para pros I did have to get it approved by administration and you may too depending on your district or program. :)


You can download a copy here. 

Make sure to check out the We Teach Sped facebook page
We Teach Sped

Have a great school year! 

No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.