Table Time Activities & Storage




When my little ones first come in we start table time. For my am class this works great because we are able to get all of their bags checked and unpacked and I am able to help get them to independently put their belongings away.

Table Time Activities are great because you can work on a lot of skills in short time. Fine motor skills, academic skills, social skills, and problem solving skills. This is also a great opportunity to get in some sensory time. 
I also love table time because this is when I introduce some of my work box tasks that they will be doing next year. My aid or I am able to provide some extra help and allow the opportunity for them to explore the new activities before independently having to be able to do it. 
Some of my favorite activities for table time are:
Screws! The kids love these. Fine Motor Feeding the Animals. Lacing Straws on pipe cleaners or string. 

Sensory Bins (straws, cut up paper, kinetic sand, rice. etc.)


Magnetic Boards. Felt Activities


Magnets. Shape Sorters. Counting French Fries, Cakes, etc. 

Scissor Cutting Practice with wrapping paper. Pattern Blocks. Ten Frame Mats or One to One Correspondence Mats.

Putting cotton balls, noodles, pom poms, straws, or buttons into containers. 


Lacing, blocks, and not pictured...cars...building roads for them to drive on. That is one of the kids favorites!



So how do you organize all of this?! 

This year I am taking a picture of the activities and writing a list in a weekly planner. 


To store the materials we use three drawer sterlite containers and placing items on trays as much as possible. That way you can quickly put the items on the tray and slide them into the containers. The other ECSE teacher also has a three drawer sterlite container and we switch (a little less planning and availability to more materials!). 

Do you have a table time? If so, what are your favorite activities?!

No comments

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top