visual freebies galore!

A couple of months ago I talked about some of the changes I was doing after the consultant came into my classroom (you can read more about that here). So here are some of the things I created to meet the needs of my kiddos. 
I made a few different ways for the students to recite the ABC's. I have lots of little ones that love to sing the song and the flip chart is a great way for them to identify each letter as they sing.
ABC Flip Chart


Students place the farm pieces and animals in the correct place. Great to help those little ones that struggle to play independently. This provides some guidance and boundaries that they like. 
Farm Images

For a couple of my students table time is very overwhelming so to help those that find it very overwhelming this has reduced that anxiety and stress. 



Check out these great morning work binders from Ashton at the Special Education Station.  
Some of my kiddos were finding table time a little overwhelming and this has helped them a lot! I also love the suggestion of starting with full strips (abc and number) matching and cutting as they get better at doing it. Love it! 


 I made a binder cover and color and shape matching activity to also go in the binder.
Binder Cover and Color and Shape Sorting
''
'
Circle Time Folders. Before I had all of these items separated and it was a lot of collecting and passing out so now it is all in one place. Much easier. A few of my students still prefer the separate sheets and I give those to them, but most of the students use these folders now. You can grab these folders here. 

I made a mini schedule for my student to take with him. I had one previously that the child checked off the items, but he isn't able to do that and it helps for him to see the item completely gone. 
Mini Schedule Pics
I had center rotation sticks and have moved the pictures directly to the table because in my morning class my kids struggle to take the stick around the classroom with them. 
I have been using these, but had to update some of the favorite items. It is great because you can store all of the pics inside of the DVD case. 

I made visuals for my lanyard to keep them even more readily available. I got these free here

I also placed each of the students items into tubs. The tubs are on a rolling cabinet that I can easily move around to where the students are and may need these items. 

Some of these items were in place before, but just in a different way. So far I have found many of these changes to be very helpful for all of my students. not just the little one that the consultant observed. Have a great Wednesday!

7 comments

  1. Thanks so much for sharing all of the great classroom resources!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing! also where can we get a copy of your circle time book with the great papers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just added it! I meant to and forgot! :)

      Delete
  3. thank you for the circle time info! can you also include the page with the alphabet - the picture of the object and then the letter -apple apple aaa etc! that would be great also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      That one I did not create and do not have permission to share. I will see if I can make something similar this summer for you.

      Kate

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing for materials. I am getting ready for next year these are great.

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.