1. and 7. Sorting my work boxes by skill task. I have had a difficult time finding a really good system to organize them and so before the year starts I want to tackle that so I can meet my kiddos needs better! I am also going to start keeping data sheets on how they are doing on these skills since they correlate to their IEP Goals and to our report card.
2. I want to change up my newsletter to include pictures or what we are doing in the classroom. This will be a great opportunity for parents to get ideas of activities to do with their kiddos too.
3. I am going to start sending home a reading log. I plan on including this into my behavior calendar binder. The reading log I got was from Pocket of Preschool. Check it out here.
4. I created a question of the week in addition to our Is the letter ___ in your name question. Many of my students have answering questions in some form as an IEP goal so this will be a great way to work on the goal, as well as, monitor it. You can find that here.
5. and 10 go together...I love the new core vocabulary board that our speech path introduced us too last month. I have already seen a HUGE improvement in speech and decrease in challenging behaviors because the kids have found the board as a way for them to communicate. I will blogging about that on June 27th...
6. Rearranging my room to have more defined space.
Here's a peek of my plans. I moved some of it around to make sure it would work and I think it will be awesome!
8. I am loving our new circle time mats! You can find out more about those here! You can find the folder here.