Thursday, August 11, 2016

Classroom Tour and Freebies

So just warning my room isn't completely done. Unfortunately a few things that were supposed to be repaired or completed weren't so you may need to envision some of it. I start screener this Monday and won't be able to get back into my room until our meetings the last week of August. 
Anyways, here we go.
Here is my circle time area. There are cube chairs for all the kiddos if needed. 

In the back I have made a little 'closet' area to store our large gross motor items, some of the large toys that students love to run to, and my work box storage. All of the items in front of that area will be getting moved to the back and the items on the one rolling cabinet will also get moved back there. 

The kitchen area has also been changed to have less items out because a lot of things were being pushed over and too much sensory overload for my kiddos. 


This year we are going to be having a break area underneath the bulletin board. I chose here so I can see my students at all times and my aid can see me to know if someone else needs to be called and just as a second set of eyes. A few of my shelves are mobile so they can be moved to block the student from the other student's eye sight, but not mine. 


This year I actually kept up my bulletin boards to save me some time. Since I go back two weeks before our start day and I was not sure if I would have a lot of time in my room I left the boards up and I am glad I did. 


Our sign in area. This year I am also going to have students write their name after they provide me with their personal information. 


Calendar...I put tags up labeling the color,shape, and letter of the week. Find them here.
 I also found these adorable color posters for free here
I also made these free shape posters. You can grab them here



I am going to be using a new center rotation. The green smiles will be pictures of my kiddos. There will be four strips of velcro. students will pull their strip and go to the first center (they will match the picture to the one near that center). Then, students will rotate through the centers moving their strip as they go. You can find the rotation pictures here. 



Up at the front are my classroom rules and sorting pictures of green and red choices. You can find those here.

You can find the classroom rules here. 

I also will be putting up visual reminder cue pictures on the felt once the kiddos start. 


We have two circle times and for the second we always say a poem related to the theme. 
Below that you can see the I can statements used for preschool.

You can find that here.


I had my teacher desk removed. Now I have some tubs that can be moved as needed.


I made a teacher work box to hold all of my supplies. I also got a few magnetic spice holders to hold some paperclips and pushpins from IKEA on the file cabinet.

At the bottom I have a file folder with each day of the week for two weeks. The activities/ papers to be done with my kiddos at my center are going to be stored there. There is also going to be an extra work folder in case of an emergency and there is a sub.


Here is the 'closet' area. The storage drawers on top of the yellow cabinet are where the work box items are going to be stored by topic. You can find those labels here.

Here is my work box rotation cards that students match to their work boxes. Just waiting to add the clips with the kiddos pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment