Classroom Organization:Teacher Desk




Organizing your teacher desk can be a HUGE undertaking! After battling with years of trying to figure out the organization system that works to keep it organized I decided to get rid of it. I was scared that I was going to miss not having a desk, but I never really sat at it and I just was stacking piles on it. 

So this is what my new teacher work area looks like:

I have my computer desk. 


Here is one of my book shelves: I have a three-drawer sterlite for to be graded, to be files, and extra copies. The blue tub has all of my core vocabulary books and activities ready to go. 
The green tub below that are my new student folders, extra report cards, etc. the binders next to it are some of my restructured notes. 



When I first started teaching I found this great 20 shelf organizer. My lesson plan book is all on top and the first shelf below it is the theme books for that week/s. Copies that are made in advance are kept in all the shelves below that. 


In front of that I keep two weeks worth of activities in each daily folder. Pull the folder and go and if I have a sub suddenly my aid know where the activities for that day are. At the very back I keep some easy everyday go to items if needed.


Our writing folders I keep in these cardboard magazine holders from IKEA. I have the AM and PM ones. 


So where did all my pens, pencils, tape, etc. that was in the drawer go? I made this teacher supply toolkit. I love it! It keeps everything right where it should be vs. me just throwing items in the drawers. 


This shelf is under my computer desk and all my binders and stickies are kept. 


I feel like this is a much easier way to keep myself organized. My items tend to go back in the place they are supposed to go vs. just being thrown in a drawer to be lost for awhile. What are your best tips for organizing your teacher desk?





2 comments

  1. Where did you get your binder shelf and supply drawer? I need one for my classroom. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The binder shelf I got at school closing and painted it. I am sure you could find something similar on a teacher swap site on facebook.
      The supply drawer is from Lowes and I sprayed it aqua blue.
      You can check that out here.
      http://funinecse.blogspot.com/2016/03/five-for-friday_25.html

      Delete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.