2017-2018 Classroom Reveal


To start I will be honest I have never done a theme and my room is not all glitzy as you see all over Pinterest and Facebook. 

For my students (and myself)  less is more! They need as little distractions as possible and need to be introduced how to use different items and things in the classroom before they can be out. 

This is the view from circle time area. 


Here is a close up of our calendar area. The second week of school I begin to introduce color, number, abc, and shape letter of the week. 
Here is the circle time flip chart. I also keep the core vocabulary boards on here to use.



Here is a close up of my center schedules the students carry to each center area. 



Here are the classroom rules and red and green choice visuals. 



I have clear tubs that contain our circle time song visuals and props. 



I also have our circle time visual charts (abc, counting, song, etc) kept in the other. 
This is my dramatic play area. At the start of the school year we introduce the kitchen and how to use cups, plates, pots, pans, silverware, and a little bit of food. Initially a lot of my students like to dump out everything and then don't really know what to do with it so I just have 6 tubs out. At the end of playing with them I then teach them how we sort out the items. Typically my kitchen area is basic like this for the month of September. In October I begin to introduce different dramatic play themes and props. 

I LOVE this storage cabinet. Before open house this cabinet will be covered by a sheet. Out of sight, out of mind. I have some of my table time storage here and early finishers storage. Again, initially at the start of the school year we pull out some select items for the students to use when they finish their other activity. We try to pick items that they can do independently, are safe and cannot be ingested. 


Here is the calm down area and  safe area. I can see the students at all times here and if they are very upset they stay safe by having the mats. 

There are social stories about how to handle being mad and what they can do to self-regulate themselves. By the end of the year the students know that if they go to the calm down area when they are back in control they can return back to the activity we are doing. 





Here is my center table. Off to the right is the I can statements/ visuals for that.
Here are the work boxes. I will introduce these the second or third week of school to the kiddos. 


This is my area. I have most of my papers copied for the first month of school (stored in left metal rack). The report card assessments are in the teal file hanging folder.


The second week of school we will make our birthday crowns and I will staple them up there. 



So that is my room. Nothing too fancy, but as the year goes on more things are pulled out as the children are ready to use them. 





2 comments

  1. Love your room! I appreciate the practicality and purposefulness of it!

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top