How to Establish Para Professional Expectations

For a couple of years I had a rotation of para pros in and out of the classroom. When this was occurring it was a challenge because they were not familiar with the students or what was expected of them during different parts of the day. So what I did to help ease this transition was made a list of times and teacher duties and para pro duties. 
You can download a copy here. 
I also have a list of the students with their pictures and a what the students likes and dislikes are.
I also had an extra set of visuals used in our classroom on a regular basis. It is great for all of the staff to have the same visuals so they are able to reinforce behavior and expectations in the classroom. 
The more explicit it is of what is expected of you and your aids the easier it is for everyone to know what their job is throughout the day. If there is an issue it is easier to address because it is written down. Also, if you have people rotating in and out frequently they can quickly look it over and know what they need to do in the classroom. 
What tips do you have for working with your aids in your classroom?!
 


1 comment

  1. This is so helpful - I'm making one for my classroom right now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top