Monday Made It

I am linking up with Fourth Grade Frolics for Monday Made It. This past week was another fun week of being crafty.

Here are a few things I made or got the opportunity to try out with Ethan.

First, this past week Ethan and I made some baked cotton balls to smash with the hammer. The original idea came from Making Boys Men blog. I just did two scoops of flour and equal 2 scoops of water, added a drop of food coloring. Mix and then drop the cotton balls into the mixture. Bake at 150 for about 35-40 minutes. Ethan had fun hitting them.


I also made Ethan a chalkboard, which he loves. We had some leftover plywood and I just painted it with Martha Stewart's chalkboard paint. I got it at Michaels last year. It worked really well. You do need to apply three coats of it.

I also added some contact paper to a shelf in our spare bedroom. It definitely looks way better with a splash of color. The contact paper was pretty easy to use. I saw lots of ideas about adding wall paper or fabric, but I found the contact paper to work well and if I want to change it out down the road it will be easily removed.

Last, but not least, something for my classroom.
I had gotten this shelf my first of year teaching at a school that was closing for $5. Originally when I started teaching kindergarten I had little furniture so this shelf held my puzzles and some blocks. However, at my new school we have LOTS of furniture in my room. However, I saw this this stand on Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds. Sheryl changes it depending on what theme they are working on and I wanted to do something similar so this shelf is going to be transformed into something similar.
I sanded and repainted it.

Then, I added Velcro to the top of it in the front.

Excuse the poor sign. I need to fix it. I am going to make signs for the different dramatic play options and laminate them, add Velcro and then you have a new dramatic play center. The other positive of using the shelf is the materials for that theme can be kept in the shelf in baskets. The kids should easily be able to put the stuff away. We will find out how easily, but I think they should be able to once I teach them how to use it.

The next task to make this successful is getting my different themes and getting the materials for the prop boxes.
Well, we are headed up north for the next few days. Have a great Monday!


All documents are copyright protected. Please do not alter my documents in anyway.... Powered by Blogger.